Form Fill Seal Machines for the Medical Device Packaging Industry
Our primary focus over the last ten years has been to serve the Medical Device Industry by providing best in class packaging solutions for terminally sterilized medical devices. Our Horizontal Form Fill Seal (HFFS) Thermoformers and Blister Packaging Machines are ISO 11607(-1) Compliant ensuring repeatable and controlled seals and forms.
View MDC’s HFFS Machine for Medical Device Packaging in Action
In the end we understand that it is about consumer safety and your reputation in the marketplace when designing a machine to meet your sterile packaging requirements. That is why so many of the top MDM’s in the world choose MDC to build their machines.
In addition to package quality, MDC machines are built to satisfy these additional customer requirements;
- Uncompromising operational safety
- Flexibility to run a wide range of packages, materials and designs
- Built to last and stand up to the rigors of a 24/7 environment
- Maximum uptime and efficiencies with minimal film and product waste
Some examples of recent success stories on MDC Thermoforming Machines include….
- Rigid transportation trays for surgical instruments
- Flexible pouch with Tyvek lid stock for Syringes, catheters and similar devices
- Flexible pouch with PE lid
- Gauze Packaging
- Rigid Tray with Tyvek lid stock for surgical instruments
Visit either our HFFS Machines page or our Tray Thermoforming Machine page for a more in depth look at our medical device tray and packaging machines capabilities and to download the product specifications.
To gain more information about terminal sterilization methods you can obtain the ISO standards at www.aami.org, ISO 11607 specifies the requirements and test methods for materials, preformed sterile barrier systems, sterile barrier systems and packaging systems that are intended to maintain sterility of terminally sterilized medical devices until the point of use.
Radiation Sterilization (ISO 11137 parts 1 – 2),
EO Sterilization (ISO 11135).